The roofing you choose for your new home or renovation will depend on a few different factors.
Considerations when choosing roofing materials
- The overall look you want
- Colours and styles available
- Structural support of your home
- Maintenance required
- Fire resistance level required
- Surrounding home styles
- Heritage compliance if necessary
Popular roofing choices in Perth
- Metal roofing such as Colorbond and Zincalume
- Clay tiles
- Concrete tiles
- Composite tiles
- Wood shingles and shakes
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
- Translucent sheeting
When choosing the right materials keep in mind that you will definitely want to use insulation to keep the elements and extreme temperatures from penetrating through to your home.
- Steel roof sheets are light, strong and fire resistant, but can be a sharp hazard if improperly installed.
- One advantage of roofing tiles is that, if damaged, you may need only to replace a tile or two.
- Available in tinted colors, polycarbonate sheets range from transparent to nearly opaque.
“Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, each has its own particular look, and each comes in a range of options for that particular material.”